Did you mean: 
Nabs
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

adding ePO to SIEM

Jump to solution

Hello

I am trying to add ePO to SIEM however the ERC (event receiver) is not present on the newly installed SIEM.

So following advice I am manually trying to add the event receiver. I click the add device button and select "McAfee Event Receiver" and in the following screen, I am putting the IP address of the SIEM server as the IP address Target IP address and I am getting an error message as shown in the screenshot. What could be going wrong here?

Capture3.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Re: adding ePO to SIEM

Jump to solution

I checked with our internal teams and I have been informed the combined appliance is available on the ESM drop-down so you can deploy that if you prefer to have the ESM and Receiver in one appliance:

combinedappliance.png

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

What do you mean by "the IP address of the SIEM server"?

The ESM should have an IP address

The Receiver must have a different IP address (as it is a separate appliance).

If you wish to deploy a combined appliance you need to download and deploy the combined appliance VM.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Nabs
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello Iratcliffe

Thanks for your message. Basically I am trying out the trial version and I am not sure whether its a combined appliance. 

I had the 11.3 trial version which had the ERC already but the problem with the 11.3 version is that it uses flash, so I was trying out the 11.4 version and now I am having this issue where I am unable to add the ePO due to it missing the ERC.

Suggestions please 🙂

lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

It looks like we've not released the combined appliance as a trial VM at present.  I will ask our product management team about this.

As there is no combined appliance trial VM you need to deploy a Receiver VM as well as the ESM VM.

Was my reply helpful?

lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I checked with our internal teams and I have been informed the combined appliance is available on the ESM drop-down so you can deploy that if you prefer to have the ESM and Receiver in one appliance:

combinedappliance.png

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Nabs
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello Iratcliffe

Thanks for looking into this. you 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community