cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is McAfee moving away from Flash?

Jump to solution

I was told last July from an official onsite McAfee representative that McAfee was moving away from a Flash based interface. He said that McAfee was supposed to deploy a new interface of Dec 2014 and that it got delayed to Dec 2015. Dec 2015 has come and gone and yet Flash is still here.

Does McAfee have an answer for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: When is McAfee moving away from Flash?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.  We are moving away from Flash to an HTML 5 interface.  The first iteration of this is planned for the second half of 2016.  The SIEM team works in an agile development process which means that we work towards a delivery date for a release and not a list of committed features for a release.  This means that features may move from one release to another until they are ready to be delivered. 

We are completely rewriting the UI and building in new workflows and visualizations.  This is a significant amount of work that we believe will greatly benefit our customers.  We are at a point where we can show you what to expect the new UI to look like.  If you would like to provide feedback, please let me know. 

5 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.  We are moving away from Flash to an HTML 5 interface.  The first iteration of this is planned for the second half of 2016.  The SIEM team works in an agile development process which means that we work towards a delivery date for a release and not a list of committed features for a release.  This means that features may move from one release to another until they are ready to be delivered. 

We are completely rewriting the UI and building in new workflows and visualizations.  This is a significant amount of work that we believe will greatly benefit our customers.  We are at a point where we can show you what to expect the new UI to look like.  If you would like to provide feedback, please let me know. 

Jump to solution

OK, do you have any images of the new UI? I'm curious as to what it will look like. Is there any other documentation regarding what visualizations are planned?

Thanks.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

If you want to set up a call with me, I can go through it with you and get your feedback directly.  Would that work?

Jump to solution

That sounds like a good idea. Just an FYI, my team already uses McAfee SIEM, we were just looking for more information regarding the new UI, which is what sparked all of this.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Perfect.  Feel free to reach out to me directly and we can set something up.  kara.cole@intel.com  Shouldn't take more than 15-30 mins if we just stick to the UI.