cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dredshaw
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: WMI Event Log test connection unsuccessful. Error: Invalid name (ER242).

I am having the same problem.  DHCP clients (Win 10 machines) won't connect.  I don't why it's so hard to get it to poll DHCP clients.

yes, filling in host name field fixes this issue
dredshaw
Level 8
Message 13 of 14

Tried using just the host name, but data is not being polled from the host.

dredshaw
Level 8
Message 14 of 14

So here is an update.  I upgraded the software to 11.3, but I still can't get the system to resolve host names.  I've tried both the windows host name and the FQDN.  Supposedly the system can't resolve FQDN names because they contain a special character (the .), but I have used the FQDN before and had no issues.  I tried the Windows host name, but that didn't work either.

I have a service request in with McAFee support, and it has been elevated to engineering.  I will post the results when they resolve the issue.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community