cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 10 of the ESM et co areout

Version 10 of the ESM et co are out, does anyone have Beta/GA experiences to share?

9 Replies

Re: Version 10 of the ESM et co areout

Clear your browser cache or use incognito mode the first time you access after updating, as there is some weird client side caching going on.

Otherwise so far so good.  Only a few bits are HTML5 but those parts are nice - interface changes take a little getting used to.

tallmega wrote:

... Only a few bits are HTML5 but those parts are nice...

So after more than 3 years in the making the HTML5 UI still just parts of the platform? From my chats with McAfee staff I was under the impression that Flash was supposed to be gone?

I suggest you deploy it in the lab first before production. After doing the same I’m in no rush to upgrade to this new cosmetic revision.

Reliable Contributor penoffd
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 10

We are currently suffering from issues with the CheckPoint R80 data source which is preventing us from logging and parsing data from our firewalls.  As a result, we're not upgrading anything until the CheckPoint collector is fixed.

Highlighted

Although superficial in nature, I don't think you can change the color theme anymore.

This one will take some getting used to on the eyes.....

hegemon76 wrote:

Although superficial in nature, I don't think you can change the color theme anymore.

This one will take some getting used to on the eyes.....

If you have ESM DB experience:

Select * from Theme; (record the theme ID)

update users set users.themeid =10 where Users.Name='<user_name>';

You can also INSERT color values into the themes table and assign them to your user ID. 

Reliable Contributor penoffd
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

So does anyone else have anything to add from being an early adopter?  I'm seriously considering the update to 10 (we're currently at 9.6 MR8) but I don't want to be a guinea pig for this...

xded
Level 12
Message 9 of 10

Hi take a look on the Know issues.:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88184

HTML 5 for analyses view for the configuration view there is flash but this will change in the future.

also, after reading the documentation I noticed you either use the ELM or the new ES backed "searchable index". Does anyone know if it is possible to migrate date from the ELM to the new ES appliance? If yes, could you share a bit more details?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community