cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use case guide for ESM

I'm not sure where to post this or where to look, but at Focus last month, Terry Stuart mentioned a use case guide that would be posted soon. Is it out and I'm missing it or is it still being worked on?

6 Replies

Re: Use case guide for ESM

bimmylee27

There has been a rough sample tracker posted in the Twin Cities ESM User group space, not sure exactly what you're looking for, but it might help.

Rick

McAfee Employee andy777
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

It's still a work in progress. Getting a few more added still I think. Is there any particular device or vector you're looking for use cases for?

McAfee Employee tstuart
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Bimmylee27,

We have not completed the document yet. We have a rough draft and its being reviewed with the SIEM ETS org. Its a bit of a long doc,some 70 pages, so its taking a bit longer than I would expect. My goal it to get something published within the next few weeks. We also think about a separate communities page for SIEM use cases with this being the start point.

Thank you for checking on it.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Any updates ?

Highlighted

Actually it's pretty straight forward. For reference, check out some of the content packs. They are based on the USE-CASE based deployment implementation methodology. You may use those as your initial frame-work.

Check-out:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB83783

Or here is a random one, the documenmt itself is a USEcase

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/CORP_KNOWLEDGEBASE/87000/KB87770/en_US/Aru...

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community