cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Troubleshooting Hardware issues on the McAfee SIEM hardware appliance.

To troubleshoot hardware issues on the McAfee SIEM hardware appliance, you need to follow the following steps:

1. Download LDT ( Linux Diagnostic Tool) from the following link: ftp://starbug.securecomputing.com/outgoing/LDT-2.0.6126.zip
  2. Download “Linux Diagnostic tool for McAfee Appliances 2.0.x” document from internet which contains detailed instructions on how to collect logs.
  3. Collect logs using LDT (Linux Diagnostic Tool).
  4. Run comprehensive analysis of the logs and check overall health of the appliance.
  5. After the review of the logs you will know which part/parts need(s) replacement.

Note: The Linux Diagnostic Tool (LDT) provides a method for checking the status and integrity of any McAfee® Multi Access hardware appliance based on an Intel platform.

Linux Diagnostic tool for McAfee Appliances 2.0.x document provides information about the LDT, including instructions for running diagnostic tools, and for installing the LDT tool on removable media.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Troubleshooting Hardware issues on the McAfee SIEM hardware appliance.

I'm want to gather logs from McAfee ESM appliance using the USB method, but the ESM wont boot from the USB. I have installed LDT-getlogs-2.0.6126.img to the flash drive using Linux Live USB Creator, I also installed using sysresccd-installer-2.0.0 for windows, and also wrote the .img file directly to the flash drive, neither of which the USB have started the ESM, how best do I make LDT USB stick that will start the ESM appliance.

Re: Troubleshooting Hardware issues on the McAfee SIEM hardware appliance.

You need to change the boot order of the McAfee SIEM to boot from USB, you will be prompted to enter password, which is: MCAFEE

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community