cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Triggering Alarm on McAfee ESM for specific signature

Hi All,

I have a requirement to trigger alarm on WMI logon failure. I tried using the field match for triggering the alarm, where I entered the signature ID 47-000006 under the field match condition, but it didn't trigger any alarm for several such events. I went through some of the blogs to troubleshoot, and found that while triggering alarm using field match option it happens on the ESM. So I think, there is some issue with the ESM, now should I use the internal field match to check like if it could trigger the alarm for all such events as it checks for the condition when the log is at the ERC?

Please share suggestions.

I am using 9.6.3 MR

5 Replies
kmc
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Triggering Alarm on McAfee ESM for specific signature

instead of field match try using internal event match in the condition and put the signature ID field there.

on the other hand try creating alarm from the events you have received and check, that's alternative method.

I doubt something is going wrong on ESM. I don't want to overload the ERC. There could be performance issue on ERC. So, is there any way to troubleshoot the same and make it happen on ESM.

proxima
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Signature ID 47-000006 is one of the correlation rule - did you check correct data source in the "Devices" pane? (it should be Correllation Engine).

Could you please send us some screen from the event and alarm settings?

Regards

MK

the thing is signature id 47-000006 is available from device data as well I have checked from the raw packet data.

But we don't have an ACE here. I think the GTI comes up with a few correlation rules, so all the correlation rules we have are from GTI I guess.

proxima
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

Hmm...could you please send some screens?

Regards

MK

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community