cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miscavj
Level 8

Triggered Alarm View not available in reports

Hi All,

I would like to see if there is a way to get a report of the Triggered Alarms dashboard view. I cannot generate a report based on this view, and when I attempt to create a report I only get event filters, not actual ESM type categories or data fields.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sssyyy
Level 12

Re: Triggered Alarm View not available in reports

When you go to Alarm page, what's the name of the alarm, under summary or name.

0 Kudos
miscavj
Level 8

alarm name is whatever the various alarms were named. Summary is "field match alarm triggered", "Watchlist updated" , "cyberthreat backtrace", etc.

0 Kudos
miscavj
Level 8

So, essentially, there is no way to keep track of which technicians are acknowledging the most alarms then? No metrics or reporting on Read Only Views like Alarm acknowledgement activity, Device Status, Case Management, etc... ????!!!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Do you think it would be sufficient if an internal event was generated when the Reviewed button was clicked? I imagine it would include time, analyst and event which could be queried or included in reports.

0 Kudos
miscavj
Level 8

Could be a feasible work around, sure. This would entail changing process, as for now it is not standard practice to mark an event as reviewed. Also, this would make more work, as it forces the analyst to take a 2nd step. Instead of just double clicking the alarm and going to Show Details, I would now have to have them filter on Sig ID and some other aggregate data set to pull the event up in the ESM events dashboard before being able to mark the EVENT as reviewed. Meanwhile, the alarm could continue to sit there unacknowledged anyway.

0 Kudos