cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Total Event Count for ESM in a report?

Is there a certain query or a way for me to include the total event count for a specified time frame seen in ESM within a report? I am not looking for details of the events - just a number of all events  for the time period. I've tried to use the "count" query in ESM, but that gives a line item for each device / data source. I've also tried selecting ESM as the device in the filter and setting the query limit, but no go.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total Event Count for ESM in a report?

Basically the screen view of a Summary query includes the total event count in the upper right corner based on your time and device selection but that total count does not show up in a report that I can see.  If you can get away it, looks like you only have the choice of either a screenshot/printing a PDF of the ESM "Default Summary" -> "Event Summary" window section which does report the total count.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Create new view > Select first icon (dial control) > select event query "Total Events" or "Total Event Collection Rate"

Then choose the rate you wish to view: per second, per minute, per hour, per day, per week, per month

example_SIEM_Dial.png

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

If you have a dashboard set up with the information you would like to include with the report you may choose to create a report as a dashboard report. It's a way to turn any dashboard into a pdf report that can be retrieved. Alternatively when creating the report you can use a similar query as any of the event count bars in the dashboard. IE SUM* should show total event counts.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community