cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Time to upgrade to version 11?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just looking for opinions here.  Last year, I was advised that if you don't need the new features of ESM v.11 (and we don't!), it's not worth the upgrade.  I'm on 10.4 and everything is stable.  But the end gets closer for Flash.  I have to enable it every time I need it in the latest version of Google Chrome.  So how are people feeling about the upgrade from 10.4 to 11.2?  Go for it, or stay away?

Thanks,

- Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Time to upgrade to version 11?

Jump to solution

I've performed several upgrades to v11. There are always a few hiccups during the upgrade process but they've all gone relatively smoothly.

Flash still exists in the latest release v11.3.0 but there is more configuration available via HTML5. If eliminating flash is your only reason for upgrading this isn't entirely there yet. However there are other performance benefits, as well as added functionality such as the ability to have an ELM & ELS simultaneously, Data Streaming Bus for connecting a 3rd party Kafka consumer, as well as the ability to cluster ESMs for better horizontal scaling.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

I've performed several upgrades to v11. There are always a few hiccups during the upgrade process but they've all gone relatively smoothly.

Flash still exists in the latest release v11.3.0 but there is more configuration available via HTML5. If eliminating flash is your only reason for upgrading this isn't entirely there yet. However there are other performance benefits, as well as added functionality such as the ability to have an ELM & ELS simultaneously, Data Streaming Bus for connecting a 3rd party Kafka consumer, as well as the ability to cluster ESMs for better horizontal scaling.

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for the information!

Reliable Contributor David1111
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi, everyone.

i wonder if we are in the same planet...

my customers that are on 11.x suffer from a lot problems

i'm not sure if the new 11.3 solves everything

but in the release notes i could see it fixes a lot of the bugs..

i'm hearing it also from the McAfee Support team (the say its good to upgrade just if we have complex systems as HA etc.)

Best Regards👍👍👍

David.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community