Check Database started for /usr/local/elm/mgtdb/rg/rg_1/elmlf_1.dfl
Rebuilding table: lf
Rebuild Failed table: lf
NitroDB CloseRelation - elm.dfl - Close table - DS2RG
NitroDB CloseRelation - elm.dfl - Close table - RG
NitroDB CloseRelation - elm.dfl - Close table - RG2SH
NitroDB CloseRelation - elm.dfl - Close table - SH
NitroDB CloseRelation - elm.dfl - Close table - SR
Check Database FAILED on one or more tables.
Check Database failed - Terminating.

How can I solve this issue with the lf table?

I tried

DBCheck -d /usr/local/elm/mgtdb/rg/rg_1/elmlf_1.dfl -r

Table "lf" failed to rebuild: File/Table in use by another process (135)

9 Replies
vsenthil
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: Table Issues

It looks like you are performing the ELM DB rebuild on your end. May I know why are you performing the DB rebuild?

Kindly note that it's not advisable to perform DB rebuild by the customer since there are some prerequisites that should be followed before performing the rebuild like verify all the associated services have been stopped, Status of external storage if the DB resides in external storage, etc..

If you haven't stopped the necessary services before the rebuild or if that table is writing any records while you're attempting to rebuild, then you will get this error. 

I strongly recommend you to raise a service request and reach out the technical support for proper troubleshooting of this issue.  

alpaca
Level 8
Message 3 of 10

It's not me trying to rebuild the ELM DB, it's performing by itself everytime I reboot the ESM (VM) and it's going endlessly
vsenthil
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Oh ok. I got you. I was actually referring your below statement in the original post 

"I tried

DBCheck -d /usr/local/elm/mgtdb/rg/rg_1/elmlf_1.dfl -r

Table "lf" failed to rebuild: File/Table in use by another process (135)

"

I believe you are running ENMELM Combo box. Correct me If I am wrong.

In that, ELM DB has some issues it seems. I believe your ELM management DB resides in external storage and I suspect it has some issues in responding to ELM.

We recommend you to submit a service request with support so that we can investigate the underlying issues associated with the ELM DB. 

alpaca
Level 8
Message 5 of 10

Yes I'm running a Combo box and yes, the ELM DB resisdes in an external NAS.

Ok, I will try to submit a service request.

Thank you.
vsenthil
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for that. I would also recommend you to perform the below steps before you raise the service request.

Run the command from CLI

ELMStop

Wait until the command gets returned out. Once the command gets returned, restart your NAS storage and once the NAS drive comes back, start the ELM again using the below command:

ELMStart 

Then check in messages log whether you are getting the same messages. By performing these steps, it may get corrected during the rebuild after the restart, If not, we need to perform the manual rebuild after stopped the ELM services.

alpaca
Level 8
Message 7 of 10

I already tried doing the steps you wrote, but without success. After the restart it goes in the loop above.

How should I perform the manual rebuild? Should I turn the NAS off before doing it?
vsenthil
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Oh ok. In that case, we need to verify a couple of things in ELM before performing a manual rebuild. Also, we need to perform a manual rebuild along with its index. 

Yes. It's necessary to stop all the services before performing a manual rebuild. 

I strongly advise you to raise a service request to perform further troubleshooting steps. 

Was my reply helpful to you?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

paulo.reus
Level 7
Message 9 of 10

Have you been luck with your SR?

vsenthil
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Hello Paulo,

Do you have any service request created? Kindly let me know the SR number to assist further.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community