cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIEM login password reset

Dear Team,

i have forget my siem NGCP password. can you some please help me to how to reset my password. Also my individual id also got locked unable to reset.

Please help me to reset asap.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kwharris
Level 7

Re: SIEM login password reset

Unfortunately, you will need to contact McAfee support directly on this request.  There is a specific procedure that needs to be followed with their assistance.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi, jeyachandreswaran.v -

In addition to opening an SR, take a look at KB74811 for additional instructions.

v/r

Michael

0 Kudos
kwharris
Level 7

0 Kudos
yassinezeroual
Level 10

NGCP password for the ESM console has been lost

To resolve this issue perform the following steps:

1- Copy the following files located in the /usr/local/ess/data directory and provide to McAfee Support. These are obtained by extracting the most recent backup. if not, you may need to login as a different user, then make a settings-only backup. then extract this Backup file to obtain the three files:

1. ngcp.dfl
  2. Users.blob
  3. Users.data

2- Submit files to the McAfee Technical Support Team.

Support will manually set the password in the files and give them back to the customer. The customer will put it in their backup, and then restore the backup.

NOTE: If they are on version 9.2 or older, Support will decrypt the files and provide the password to the customer.

0 Kudos

Try to use console and reset password there (one of the options available if you forgot NGCP password).

Regards

Kamil

0 Kudos
kmc
Level 12

​ could you please provide the steps if you know? did you ever done reset password using the above said procedure?

0 Kudos