cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIEM (Adding devices)

Hello everyone,

We have axway and vordel systems data sources that we plan to enrol on SIEM. Could someone please provide some guidance please.

Many thanks

Sudhir

14 Replies
xded
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: SIEM (Adding devices)

Hi sudhir.hdc,

configure a syslog on your axway system. Than go on your SIEM -> click on your Receiver -> click on the top left on add Data Source ->

Unbenannt.png

Configure your Name, IP-Adresse and Host Name from the Axway System.

Finish and wait for Data

another query,

I have seen gudiance on cisco, checkpoint and windows. is there a similar guidance on axway and vordel systems or is it simply the case of permitiing event collection from the devices.

Thanks

Sudhir

Hi Xded,

Thanks, I have follwoed the usual process of adding devices on SIEM but no events are being generated on SIEM. Do you or anyone here know how to configure AXway devices to send logs to SIEM.

Many Thanks

looking at the picture it seems based on syslog, did you configure syslog on the AXway device towards the ER?

I am not aure what ER is? Is it the receiver? I am currently experiencing issues enrolling Axway, Forum Sentrys and Fujistus. So any assistance on these would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

xded
Level 12
Message 7 of 15

Hi,

you need to configure the syslog on you axway / Vordel system. Take a look in the settings of the system. The Targed for the Logs is the Receiver.

Unbenannt.png

ER = Receiver

best regards

xded

Hi Xded,

I have been advised that what you have suggested is for software based and not for the application level itself.

is there some within McAfee available over the phone for support?

Thanks

Sudhir.

xded
Level 12
Message 9 of 15

Sure McAfee has a supporthotline based on your support level (Gold Support or something).

--> Contact McAfee United States | McAfee

Hi xded,

Many thanks for your speedy reply.

how about Vordel systems?