cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIEM 10.2 flow config from fortinet

Capture.PNG

I'm configuring SIEM to receive flow from fortinet firewall, as per debugging on the firewall it shows that it is forwarding flows to my receiver IP, however upon checking on the flow dashboard in SIEM, there is no recorded flow. I've found the Collect flows on the interface settings, but the system doesn't response when I check the box, it is not saving.

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor akerr
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: SIEM 10.2 flow config from fortinet

You need to add a data source for the flow:

Receiver Properties -> Data Sources -> Add

Set teh Vendor to NetFlow, and add a Name and the source IP address.

Therefore I need to add the firewall data source again as a netflow?

Current setup is:

Firewall -> add a data source -> receiving events

then I should Add another data source for Netflow which is the same IP as my Firewall for the events?

I hope my explanation is clear. The end result should be that the firewall will give me events and flow data

Reliable Contributor akerr
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

If the firewall is sending normal event (log) data, then yes, you'll need a second one for flow data.

Regarding the picture included in the first message - with the Interface configuration parameters, including that "Collect Netflow" checkbox - this is an explanation about it, to be found in an older  discussion from this forum:

"The Receiver also supports a feature to allow for a secondary interface to be put on a sniff/SPAN port and it will create flows from the data that it sees on the wire. That is what the "Collect Netflow" box enables and is separate from collecting syslog or netflow via protocol."

Thanks all for the input

we manage to get the flow by enabling another interface of the firewall to send flows, therefore there will be two interface of the firewall needed (one for events the other for flows). the two interface will have different IPs from one another. The IP of the interface for flow will be added as a new data source.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community