cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Email Recipient Mystery

Hi all,

I have a bit of a mystery on my hands.  We had a new team member start recently.  His ESM login was created by the CISO on February 1st; the next day he was on the email distribution list of a report that he hadn't been authorized for.  The report has each email recipient defined seperately, I'm not using groups on this one.

The System Log doesn't have a record showing that the report was modified.  The CISO claims ignorance. 

Does anyone have any idea how this could have happened, or where I can find more of an audit trail?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

- Steve

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor David1111
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Report Email Recipient Mystery

Hi,

Ussely a Machine dosn't make mistakes.... 😂😂😂

I would Check the followings:

1- the groups that the CISO user is grouped (Reporting etc.)

2-  if a alarm is configured to trigger a Report. and the recipients of the alarm is the CISO.

3 - who else got the email that the CISO got. try to see the Matching points between them.

Best Regards👍👍👍

David.

Re: Report Email Recipient Mystery

Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestions.  It isn't the CISO who is receiving the report, it's someone new who works for him.  We are small, easily controlled environment, and in this case there is ONLY one possibility - someone manually added this reciepient to the report.  I guess what I'm really asking is where there is an audit trail that would show this operation.

Best regards,

- Steve

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center