Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfj
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Remove E-Mail Addresses from ESM - ER1244

Hello All:

I am attempting to remove e-mail addresses of people who have left our organization from ESM (9.4.2). I am doing this through "System Properties>Email Settings>Configure Recipients." When I select an e-mail address to be removed I see an error pop up that reads "One or more of the selected email addresses is currently in use and cannot be deleted. (ER1244)" This happens with any e-mail address that I attempt to remove.

I considered that these e-mail addresses were still being used as report recipients; however, clicking on the button to "Manage email addresses for report recipients" at "System Properties>Reports" just takes me back to the same place where I am unable to delete e-mail addresses with no indication of where "one or more of the selected email addresses is currently in use."

Has anyone encountered this before? What was the solution to tracking down the currently in use e-mail addresses in ESM (short of going through each individual report/alert/etc.)?

Thanks!

3 Replies
xded
Level 12
Message 2 of 4

Re: Remove E-Mail Addresses from ESM - ER1244

Remove the e-mail adress from any Alarm, Report and delete the email Adresse from the user. Than delete the e-mail adress in the recipients list. If this dont work the e-mail adresse ist listet anywhere in any Report, any Alarm or in any User.

lfj
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hi xded:

So you are saying that I have look in every report or alarm and then remove any target e-mail addresses before I can remove them from ESM's recipients list? This sounds very tedious and would take quite a while; I hope that someone knows of a better way.

xded
Level 12
Message 4 of 4

Hi lfj,

i found only this solution. I tried it on ESM 9.5.0