cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Flag alert for Data Source

I have implemented ESM and two Recievers on customer site. There is one Data Source (Windows IIS) with different timezone to the Receiver, and I have continuousely got a red flag alert - 'internal health monitor - The data source is significantly behind data processing...' Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Thanks!!

Wilson

4 Replies
artek
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Red Flag alert for Data Source

Please try to set time zone in the Data Source configuration:

ds1.png

Regards,

Artek

Reliable Contributor sssyyy
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hey Artek,

Any idea on how to fix this if the data source is Check Point (ASP)? Can't see any Time Zone setting for this data source type...

Thanks.

SY

I had the same issue for Cisco and it happened after a network issue, around 24 hours without getting data, and I think it was a problem of data in cache . it's trying to retrieve a bunch o data in cache and it crashs and sometimes blocks another resources to get events as well... I don't know exactly but it worked for me recreating the data source.

Highlighted
rcavey
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Ning,

That message usually means the receiver is playing catchup because you possibly have one or more datasource(s) hammering the receiver.  Log into the receiver cd /var/log/data/inline/thirdparty.logs/ you should see the directories for your datasources run "du -shx *" and see if there are any directories with a high volume of data underneath.   From there you can find the matching host/IP in /etc/NitroGuard/thirdparty.conf.

Cheers,

-Bob

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community