cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moksha53
Level 7

Question: Performance issues when formatting netflow csv for export/download (McAfee Enterprise Security Manager 9.6.0)

This is a follow-up to a related question I had a few days ago - and got resolved as a result of the reply:

Question: Selecting a specific interface as source/dest when examining netflow data. (McAfee Enterpr...

------------

What I find now is that although the query ( constructed using the information obtained via that previous reply ) completes fairly quickly, the formatting of the csv to export is a forever process.

formatting-slow.png

Right now it is taking 4 minutes for that status bar to increment by 1%.

What would cause the query to be relatively quick but formatting for export to csv be so slow?

Disk I/O?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yd9038
Level 9

Re: Question: Performance issues when formatting netflow csv for export/download (McAfee Enterprise Security Manager 9.6.0)

You can open a ticket with Support to see if they can help.

Just make sure you only selected the datasource you are exporting logs from, remove the fields from Events view that you don't need in the query, select a narrower time window, export one page at a time if the Events view is more than one page, etc.; things like that will speed up the process.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I'd also try it in a different browser like Chrome or Firefox.

0 Kudos
moksha53
Level 7

Re: Question: Performance issues when formatting netflow csv for export/download (McAfee Enterprise Security Manager 9.6.0)

Same state.

I have trimmed down the query.

I am doing bulk analysis of the csv's

A few months ago I was able to download very large .csv's (100MB+) with no problem - some delay, but quite tolerable.

No joy now.

I am working with smaller time increments to compensate, but that increases the manual effort.

I'm OK for now.  Thanks!

0 Kudos