cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parser rules factoring in carriage returns

Jump to solution

So I have test my regex string for matching some log data but Nitro isn't liking any type of reference for accounting 2 or more lines of logs. Works great on skinner.

Trying \r or \x0d or [[:space:]] makes no difference. Anyone know the code for doing in Nitro?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee siemchris
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Parser rules factoring in carriage returns

Jump to solution

Hi Cody

We currently dont have a way for the parser to match events over multiple lines. That being said, the following might help to resolve this qeustion;

1 If you set the Data Source Data Retrieval to a method other than default you can define the number of lines per record.

2 You could use the MEF Agent for Windows or Linux which also have the ability to take events over multiple lines and send them to the receiver as a one line record. For that the Data Retreval method would be MEF.

I hope this helps

Chris

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee siemchris
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi Cody

We currently dont have a way for the parser to match events over multiple lines. That being said, the following might help to resolve this qeustion;

1 If you set the Data Source Data Retrieval to a method other than default you can define the number of lines per record.

2 You could use the MEF Agent for Windows or Linux which also have the ability to take events over multiple lines and send them to the receiver as a one line record. For that the Data Retreval method would be MEF.

I hope this helps

Chris

Jump to solution

Thanks Chris.

I will have to play with that and see how it does.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator