cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Data Source Enrollment

Hi Experts,

I am curious about Oracle Data Source Enrollment as I've read that it can be enrolled via Oracle Audit - SQL Pull or via McAfee SIEM Collector.

My inquiries are as follows:

1. What's the difference of the two? what's more reliable? Do I get more detailed logs if I use McAfee SIEM Collector than below config on SIEM where we enrolled it via Oracle Audit - SQL Pull.

DS Vendor: Oracle

DS MOdel: Oracle Audit - SQL Pull

Data Format: Default

Data Retrieval: SQL

Port: 1521

Poll freq: 180

2. Are there Oracle Versions that the SIEM Utility Management Collector does not support?

Thanks!

#siemcollector #Oracle #DB #sql

2 Replies
erelleke
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Oracle Data Source Enrollment

It really depends on what you are trying to pull. The data source version pull is the most commonly used as it pulls the audit information most commonly requested. Most people use the SIEM collector when they need to gather information from a different table or custom database as it is more configurable.

Thank You,
Eric

Re: Oracle Data Source Enrollment

Hi Sir Eric!

Thank you! We wanted to get all audit events/ actions done inside a DB, is the direct enrollment sufficient?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community