cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Nesting Correlative Components

I have a correlative component that is called "Malware events" and a correlative component that is called "Events from two different sources" I would like to nest them so a correlative rule will trigger when there is a malware event from two different sources. Is there a way to do so?

Just to be clear, I am not looking for workarounds I am looking for a way to nest two correlative components together.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Nesting Correlative Components

Just open a new correaltion rule 

drag both Componnents with the the right end of the toolbar

Drag a "And" gate from the left end of the toolbar

and finished

Highlighted

Hey there David, thank you for the quick reply.
Sadly, that won't do.
When you make a "AND" gate you are saying if you see two events, one matching the first component and the other matching the second component in a said amount of time then the correlative rule is triggered.

which is not what I am looking for. I am looking for one event matching both the components.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi Sorry to say that... but 1 event can't match the component ""Events from two different sources"
Becuase it means there's already 2 events.

if you meane 1 type of event - try to Group it by Signature ID.

Hope i helped.. 

best regards

David

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community