cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Tree - Default Display

When first logging into the Nitro interface, the default display on the left side is Physical Display.

Somehow, this changed to be one of the Custom Displays I created.

Question 1:  Where is the setting to change this back so the default display is once again Physical Display?

The above must be related to the next problem.

Navigate to the following:

Policy Editor ==> Rule Type Correlation ==> Adding Match Component Filter ==> The filters defined below should apply to Events ==> Add ==> Filter Component Device ID ==> In ==> On the Devices tab, the only option available is the same Custom Display from question 1 above, instead of Physical Display which previously was there.

Question 2:  How to make the Physical Display available instead of only having my Custom Display available to pick from for the Device ID filtering criteria?

3 Replies
staschler
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Navigation Tree - Default Display

Normally the display is selected via the popup menu in the top-left corner.

display.jpg

Each user has a default display that is visible under user options (top right corner).

Scott

Thank you for the reply. However, I am not referring to changing Displays. I referring to the default Desplay which is displayed immediately after logging in.

I found the setting to change what I am referring to in the following location:

In the upper right hand corner, Options ==> Default Display

Select the preferred display from the drop down list.

As a side note, I am confirming this setting is linked to what I am referring to in question 2.

Thank you.

rth67
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

When you create a new custom navigation tree, there is a checkk box to make it the "Default Display" - edit the Navigation Tree item that is currently the default, and un-check the box - it should revert back to the Physical Display.

This should be a per-user setting.

This should really be under the "Options" for the user, similar to the "Views" - sounds like another PER.

Message was edited by: rth67 on 2/3/14 1:32:05 PM CST
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community