cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dindsy
Level 7

Migrate ELM database

Hi there,

My storage guys are putting in a new SAN device and want to decommission the old one. They are going to add the new SAN, so I should expect to see it appear the data storage tab of the ELM properties, I guess???

if that is true, is there a way to migrate the data across from the old one to the new one. There is very little space used. 600g of 5TB?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kmc
Level 12

Re: Migrate ELM database

0 Kudos
dindsy
Level 7

Hi Kmc,

thanks for taking the time to respond. I did see that article but I don't think it is the right one. It talks about migrating the management database and not the log database.

My Local storage says that "contains management database". I take it that the management database is the configuration of things rather than the logs.

My main storage is a SAN where the logs are collected and I have a new one that I want to migrate to.

I found this article but am not sure of the correctness. It talks about migrating the SQL database. it seems to be what I need and what I would have expected. A database migration would be the activity of the database managers rather than a function of the ELM.

How to Move an ELM SQL Database -

Any comments welcome?

0 Kudos
acommons
Level 10

You can mirror ELM data storage, the options are on the dialogues for editing storage pools and you can find some details in the online help.

This would seem provide the right sort of mechanism and it looks like it can be done on a per storage pool basis so experimentation might be possible.

cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos