cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Sharepoint Logs

Dear friends.

Our team has enciuntered with an issue, which is connected with sharepoint logs. What have been done:

1. Created Data Source to accept logs from Sharepoint (screenshot provided below)

sharepoint_data_source.PNG

2. Remotely installed SIEM Collector Application on Windows 2012 Sever and General Configuration Policy was configured (Screenshot provided)

win events.PNGGeneral Configuration For Receiver.PNGFile Tail.PNG

The problem is that Debug logs have not been delievered from indicated path to datasource (receiver). Does anybody encountered and fixed the problem like mine? It seems to me that it's common issue.

3 Replies
penoffd
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Microsoft Sharepoint Logs

Not to hijack the thread, but you were able to get the collector to run on Windows 2012 Server?  We have been trying to do this for some months without success.

McAfee Employee garethrhys
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Please look at Article in another thread.

You could also look up device support using LOGbinder for SharePoint, SQL, and Exchange which is integrated through SIA partnership.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25449/en_US/...

Seems to be an issue with the PDF file as I write this - will report.

Hi,

We are able to collect SharePoint logs, however unable to get the user name details from the Sharepoint events. i.e. SharePoint's audit log does not provide the names of users or objects. is there a way to fetch the users details or objects?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.