cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mcafee Management Service Host uses 100% of my drive

Hello,

For the past month(s) i have been noticing Mcafee Management Service Host to be using my second drive intensively to the point that other programs slow down, such as games in which textures that are supposed to come off of that drive load extremely  slow and the game has very long loading times. I have already attempted to completely remove (with the mcafee removal tool) and reinstalling mcafee to see if there were any changes, but the issue persisted. 

Please note that i have 3 drives. One C: drive which is my main drive which holds the OS, My second F: drive, which is having the issue, and another drive which seems to be completely fine. Mcafee only uses up all of the resources on the second drive without clear explanation, which is very odd.

How would i be able to fix this issue? This has been causing me to doubt to leave it installed at all if it continues to do this.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Mcafee Management Service Host uses 100% of my drive

I wonder if the second drive is  stable have you checked it. Try disabling Real time scanning and see if it helps. Might point to mcafee then.

If still an issue call support

Call McAfee support

Highlighted

after trying this for some time i have found that the McAfee Management Service Host does not get stopped by disabling real time scanning, sadly.
Highlighted

This process seems to target all of my games for some reason. so every time i boot up any of the games in this insanely long list this process begins to monitor them for some reason. why ?? should i try to exclude these files somehow ?? im really unsure as to why its doing this because this hurts my performance really badly

Highlighted

Best to ask support and if they unsure ask for an escalation call back from a higher level support bod.

Call McAfee support

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

This topic has been posted in the wrong product category of the community forum.

This category is for SIEM.

Please post the topic in the appropriate community forum for the product.

Please open a service request with McAfee Support team if the issue is critical.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community