cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee SIEM Collector Agent - EVT file read

Hi,

I found this configuration option in the agent menu, but i can't make it work fine. In theory this is reading logs directly from the .evt file, not from the windows eventing API. But i get this message in debug mode:

<131>1 febr. 18 14:43:43 10.35.176.155 McAfeeEventCollector: ERROR 1 GetData Failed to load bookmark: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at McAfee.EventCollector.WindowsEVTPlugin.Plugin.GetData(Nullable`1& eventData)

I'm using domain admin credentials.hank you,

winevt.png

Thank you,

Peter

3 Replies

Re: McAfee SIEM Collector Agent - EVT file read

Peter,

What type of data source are you trying to configure? Also, verify you have the correct directory where the server stores its logs.

McGary,

What do you mean? It's a Windows data source. The problem is, i need to monitor a specific RDP session event that is logged in to this specific .evt file. In Security, System or Application logs not included this message.

zlob
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I try local admin, same error. For test copy events file to another directory - all work fine.

Event files locked by process

You can copy, then take logs (((