cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: McAfee SIEM 9.5.0 Alarms issue

I agree with - I am always hesitant to upgrade to the latest version. It fixes one issue but it also breaks two others. This is exactly what happened in our case. We were having Field Match issues in the alarm when we were using 9.4.2. Support told us that this issue is fixed in 9.5 MR4 - We upgraded and it fixed the field match issue but then it also broke a few other things which was working earlier.

MR6, however, has a lot of fixes. It was released to support this week. I will be upgrading my lab's SIEM to the latest version and test.

As a side note, Jonarmani, we have seen the same results where some alarms send out emails during non business hours and then they stop during business hours

rth67
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 13

We to have had some alarm issues as well, I have had alarms fire on items that should not have triggered them, and also receiving alarm emails with no data in them. We are currently on 9.5 MR4

McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 13

The email issue fixed in MR6 has to do with larger reports halting others emails from being sent.

So if you have a larger report configured to send, it could cause issues with alarms failing to send.

Otherwise, disabling any larger reports to email, rebooting may workaround the issue. This way you could at least see if this is similar symptoms.

Best Regards,

Jon

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community