Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lozaza
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

McAfee HA ERC setup

In the past we have successfully set up erc ha by just entering mgmt ip for both devices on the console and add primary first then join secondary and change the shared ip setting but then now realized in the actual HA config
doco that I need to initially configure the mgmt ip with the shared IP address then it will float it around it during the setup?

has anyone done it in my way or.

Cheers

3 Replies
McAfee Employee Eric_McAfeeSIEM
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee HA ERC setup

Iozaza,

The correct way is to add one receiver to the devices in the ESM GUI and give it the shared IP. Then go to Reciever Properties > Receiver Configuration >Interface > HA Receiver. Here is where you will setup the management ips for both the primary and secondary receiver. Please make sure the wire configuration is correct before going to setup the IP's and that the ESM can reach all three IP's to start. I hope this answers your questions.

Thank You

Eric

lozaza
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

can i setup mgmt ip and share ip in different vlan during initial ha setup

During the initial setup the ESM must be able to reach the Shared IP and the Management IP for the primary receiver. After it is setup then you may change the IP of the shared IP.

Thank You,
Eric
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community