Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrsefe
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

McAfee ESM- does not work ROLL OUT

hi;

i just installed mcafee esm 11.4.1. But roll out does not work in datasources that i added. i get the following error. can you help me please?

Could not update policy - "Error: Could not execute command on device" (NotOk Failed testing asp rules (global_lookup_table_file - -1

6 Replies
erelleke
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee ESM- does not work ROLL OUT

Have you done a rules update? Is the write out failing or the roll out of policy failing? If it is just the policy roll out do you have any custom rules enabled? If you do try disabling them. Then try rolling out again.

Thank You,
Eric
mrsefe
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

hello

I didn't write out any rules. NGCP user did not have admin authority, even if I added it, then it is deleted. I turned on a different user with admin authority and then didn't get a roll out error when adding datasources. I want to update and install the rule updates version, but when I upgrade from 11.4.1 to 11.4.3, it still remains at 11.4.1 and does not accept rule updates 11.4.3. What's the reason? Do I need to do a different operation before updating the rule after the upgrade?

lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

I'm struggling to understand your statements about what's happening:

"NGCP user did not have admin authority" - unless you've renamed it (in which case, use the renamed superuser account not a new one called "NGCP") the NGCP account is the superuser.  It is always an admin.

"when I upgrade from 11.4.1 to 11.4.3, it still remains at 11.4.1 and does not accept rule updates 11.4.3."

Rule updates and SIEM Upgrades are quite different processes and uses completely different files.  The Rule update file for one version will not work on a different version, you would need to use a rule update file which matches your installed version.  We recommend using the online rule update process if possible but if you need to use manual upgrades and are not running the latest version of SIEM please contact support for a rule update file.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
mrsefe
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

Administrator rights did not come as 'enable' in the NGCP user, as in the photo below. Is that normal?
yes, I have different files for rule updates and upgrades.Rule update was not made after esm upgrade and continues to appear as siem 11.4.1. should I take another action?

lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Yes the screenshot provided is normal.

"continues to appear as siem 11.4.1." I do not understand what you mean by this.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
mrsefe
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

when update process finished, i can see that siem is still 11.4.1 but i upgraded to 11.4.3

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community