is there any way to extend default field list that is suggested when You do field mapping with your custom table (view)? I need more string fields .
I successfully connected Oracle database with receiver and map fields from my view to fields that are exists in client (example: i have field SY_ACTION and I mapped it with suggested field Action etc.).
Thank You in advance,
thank You for answer. Is there any way if You can describe me that procedure or point to literature? Where I can add custom type field?
Thank You in advance.
Sure i can =).
1. Go to the System Properties of the ESM
2. On the leftside of the new windows there is a menupoint called "Custom Types" click on it
3. Now you have two options. First there is a Custom Types for your need or ther is no one.
4. If is the last point correct than you can creat your own Custom Type with the add button. In the porductguid of version 10 on the site 335
5. After that you should add this new custom type in the parser rule under field mapping or you can it via the + button
To expand on xded's well stated steps, you can have 10 custom fields per rule but they do overload other fields so if you're missing a field that you expect, go to System Properties | Custom Types and sort by Event Field. Note that you can only use one of any given field that shares an Event Field ID.