cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login/password for VM Mc Afee Event Receiver

Jump to solution

Hi,

I ve downloaded the trial version of Mac Afee Event Receiver VM for SIEM v11.4.1 which expires the 12 30 2021 on https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/trials.html . I installed it on Virtualbox but I can't find any login password to configure it. I ve found  the password w3e4r5t6 for root, but when I am using it, I come into a locked CLI with only choice for 1 to 13 which can't allow to run any linux command . For example I need to check if the VM is listening on port UDP 514 or TCP 8082 using netstat. How can I have access to the Linux OS  bypassing the locked CLI ?

Thanks for your advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brujita
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 10

Re: Login/password for VM Mc Afee Event Receiver

Jump to solution

Hi,

You need to install McAfee_Enterprise_Security_Manager_Setup_1.0.0, this is an app that you can use to manage the McAfee SIEM Solution, since Adode Flashplayer is no longer suported. I have installed this app on my Windows PC.

You can download this installer from mozilla login into ESM. I added a capture.

I hope this helps.!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Brujita
Level 8
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

The process you did "I ve found the password w3e4r5t6 for root, but when I am using it, I come into a locked CLI with only choice for 1 to 13 which can't allow to run any linux command" this is the normal process for this version.

If you want to run any linux command you need to connect via ssh to the receiver with root user.

Did you download McAfee Event receiver standalone? if so, you need an ESM to manage this Receiver, i would recommend download combo box (McAfee-ENMELM)

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Yes I ve download the ERC VM only. But now I ve downloaded ESM VM and browser to access GUI is requesting Abode Flashplayer which is not anymore supported. From my Linux VM, I tried it with Firefox or chrome and it needs Adobe Flash Player. How can I browse ESM ?

Thanks for your help

Brujita
Level 8
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

You need to install McAfee_Enterprise_Security_Manager_Setup_1.0.0, this is an app that you can use to manage the McAfee SIEM Solution, since Adode Flashplayer is no longer suported. I have installed this app on my Windows PC.

You can download this installer from mozilla login into ESM. I added a capture.

I hope this helps.!

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Ok But I do not find the link to download this ESM Administrator App..it is not in the list of the product for trial. Could you please give the the link where I can download this runtime ?

Thanks

lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Connect to download.html on your ESM - it should have automatically directed you to it, if you have flash disabled in your browser.

https://siemip/download.html

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I have an error message on the browser when I am trying to connect ::

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

It seems that Services are not running or Some services are in starting state....

Output of pstree command  will help us to check what are the services running 

Based on that output we will suggest next step 

Thanks

Eshwar

McAfee Support

Eshwar

Jump to solution

OK and how can I run pstree command from the locked menu ? ( see attached screenshot of the ESM VM )

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

First step is we have to configure Management IP , for this we have to select Manage IP Configuration option , for more details 

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/enterprise-security-manager-11.4.x-hardware-guide/page/GUID-53D3FEB4-...

Then login to ESM and Add Receiver by following below procedure 

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/enterprise-security-manager-11.4.x-installation-guide/page/GUID-FD38F...

Thanks

Eshwar

Eshwar
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community