Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtmc
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Linux and Apache Logs

Hello,

We're trying to pull only three logs from our Linux/Apache servers. How can I setup the siem to pull the secure log and then also the apache logs? I can setup a data source for the Linux side, or a data source for the Apache side, but I can't seem to create one data source that will pull the one Linux log we want and the apache logs from the same server. We would prefer to not setup syslog. Given all the options the SIEM seems to have for file retrieval it doesn't seem like that should even be necessary. So, how can I pull different, specific logs from the same server? How do I setup the data source in the SIEM? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks,

3 Replies
Highlighted
rcavey
Level 9
Message 2 of 4

Re: Linux and Apache Logs

Hi,

Sounds like you want to look at --> The McAfee Linux Event Collector allows you to add a local agent to your system that can 'push' several types of data to the McAfee Event Receiver. I have not used this bout sounds like what you want.  McAfee KnowledgeBase - Linux Event Collector supported versions

Let us know how it works out.

ksudki
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Hello dtmc,

You can create a datasource using UNIX/Linux type and then add a client datasource with Apache Software Foundation this should work.

Be careful with timezone !

Let me know if this works

Regards

dtmc
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Thank you both. I will try this.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community