cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUst Getting Started

Jump to solution

I am new to SIEM and IT Security in general. I was hoping someone can help me with upgrading my receiver. I just had a new receiver brought up on the network and I need to upgrade it to the same version as my other devices. I am am not sure what the version is on the receiver I am trying to upgrade as I just get an error indicating I have to upgrade to at least 9.10.

I did get a signed version of 9.1.3, but when I try to upgrade It keeps failing with a communications related error and retrys.

Is there a command line utility I can run on the receiver to tell me what version is running? This info is not being collected from the receiver properties when I am in the ESM.

Do I need to be using the un-signed version?

Thank You!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaimen
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: JUst Getting Started

Jump to solution

Some device versions are unable to communicate with older device version.

The following KB will walk you through manually upgrading a device as needed:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74836

If further assistance is needed please contact technical support and they can help walk through the process.

6 Replies
jaimen
Level 9
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Some device versions are unable to communicate with older device version.

The following KB will walk you through manually upgrading a device as needed:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74836

If further assistance is needed please contact technical support and they can help walk through the process.

Jump to solution

I do not have physical access to the devices. Is it possible using WINSCP32 to copy the .tgz file to /usr/local/NitroGuard folder and then reboot the device from a putty session?

jaimen
Level 9
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

If the device has been keyed and SSH has been manually enabled previously then yes.

You could move the file to /usr/local/NitroGuard and reboot.

That will upgrade it.

Jump to solution

I am looking at the receiver and I see the receiver_update_9.1.3.signed.tgx tarball in the usr/local/NitroGuard folder. When I launched the upgrade from the ESM it copied the file out there and rebooted the device, the device can back , but the upgrade never worked at the ESM. Not sure if I have the wrong tarball as I am not sure what version this is device is currently at.

Jump to solution

Looking in the messages log file I do see a logger message indicated un-able untar the file. I am looking and I see a log indicating: bootlog: Current device version: 9.0.2 20120403102723. Should be using an unsigned version  of the upgrade?

jaimen
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Yes.  Devices on 9.0 versions and older required the unsigned tarball.  Versions 9.1 and greater require the signed tarball.