Did you mean: 
Nabs
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Integration of ePO with SIEM

Jump to solution

Hello

I am trying to integrate ePO with SIEM and I am trying it out using an evaluation license of the SIEM just to see how it all fits together.

However following the standard steps, I see that the option of adding ePO as a device on SIEM is greyed out (see attached screenshot).

Am I missing something here or its a restriction on the evaluation license?

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Integration of ePO with SIEM

Jump to solution

This is not a restriction of the trial license.  From the screenshot provided you do not have a Receiver, only an ESM.

ePO needs to be integrated to a Receiver so you must deploy and add a Receiver first (or deploy a combined appliance instead of an ESM only).

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

This is not a restriction of the trial license.  From the screenshot provided you do not have a Receiver, only an ESM.

ePO needs to be integrated to a Receiver so you must deploy and add a Receiver first (or deploy a combined appliance instead of an ESM only).

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Nabs
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello lratcliffe

Yes, infact it was due to the missing receiver.

I wasnt sure and reinstalled the SIEM and with a fresh installation I noticed that the receiver was already there and therefore went on to add the ePO.

Thanks. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community