cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Increasing VM ESM Storage Size

Hello! I am looking at increasing the ESM's storage space to 1.5-2TB in order to retain data longer on the ESM. We are running an ESM on VMWare ESXI. I see that the script to increase the VM storage space is meant to add 10BG of additional storage. We are hoping to increase the storage allocation another 1TB. Our VM has 8 CPUs, and I noted in the documentation that for VMs above 4 CPUs we could allocate data in "System Properties" > "Database" > "VM Data". Would this be an acceptable means to increase storage data or should I follow the guidance in the product guide on how to increase VM storage data and add the storage 10GB at a time? Thank you!
1 Reply
lratcliffe
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Increasing VM ESM Storage Size

The ResizeVmVolume script can resize to an arbitrary size - there is a problem if you try to increase to a size > 16TB and the volume in question was originally formatted on SIEM 10.x or older, but there is no restriction to 10GB at a time.

Using the VM Data feature is a good way to increase the storage as well.  This allows you to make use of faster and slower storage similar to a hardware appliance - the bulk storage you are currently adding would make for a good Data drive, and if you get the opportunity to add high speed storage e.g. SSD storage you can add that as an index drive to improve performance.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community