Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect values - Local Receiver

Hello,

Home this topic of discussion by the following problem:

I have a state in the red flag when I see why, it shows me the following:

Problem.jpg

"Event retrieved contained possibly incorrect values" I dont understand, this error, can help me?

I searched in kc. but I found no solution for it I go to the forum

Thanks for the help.

Rgds.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Incorrect values - Local Receiver

This could be an issue of the data source configuration in the SIEM being set to the wrong time when compared to the syslog messages from the actual device.  You will need to identify the data source on the ESM that is reporting this error, and check the time zone setting.  Then look at the events, and examine what the actual packet shows as the time of the message.  Validate that the time zone setting matches the source setting.

I have a current issue where VM servers are configured to local time, the data sources in SIEM are configured to the same time, but the data source rule is parsing out the offset time in the packet, instead of the proper message header time.  If you have this issue, you can make the errors go away by changing the data source time zone to match the offset (in my case it would be set to GMT).

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community