cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btsym
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

How to recovery root passwd the ESM (not NGCP) or how to do full backup data?

Hi

I have problem ,I don't have access to UI ESM [KB84637] https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84637/

I don't what is root passwd.

I found some links such as

McAfee KnowledgeBase - How to use a USB drive as a rescue CD to mount the SIEM/Nitro file system

Do anyone know how to recovery root password in Linux (McAfee ESM 9.5)

5 Replies

Re: How to recovery root passwd the ESM (not NGCP) or how to do full backup data?

Okay,

First your root password is the same as the NGCP password.

Anyway you will need to raise a case with mcafee so they can modify the files require.

There is another option involving configuration backup and restore of the esm.

The backup will contain the required files but still you need another user able to perform backups

btsym
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Re: How to recovery root passwd the ESM (not NGCP) or how to do full backup data?

Alexander

Yes, i thinks about it - configuration backup with live cd. Can i backup  logs resources ?

If you've forgotten/lost your NGCP password, it is not recoverable.  You will need to work with support to regain access to your ESM.  Chris Bolidston's answer in the note you've linked above explains the approaches they will use.

Scott

btsym
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Scott? thanks for answer.

I know my NGCP login/pass - it for web browser app ESM and its work untill today.

But i can't to login to terminal Linux for correct trouble. I try login NGCP in termnal - its don't work(.

Do you have any idea?

use root and the NGCP password

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community