cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suryaprakash
Level 7

How to create Dashboard in esm 9.6

I am new to ESM and planing to create new dashboard which tells me Different kinds of threads  and count of threads  respective to there type.

If anyone knows about representing threads based on geolocation kindly let me know.

Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
sssyyy
Level 12

Re: How to create Dashboard in esm 9.6

threads?

0 Kudos
suryaprakash
Level 7

I am new to ESM and planing to create new dashboard which tells me Different kinds of threads  and count of threats  respective to there type.

If anyone knows about representing threats based on geolocation kindly let me know.

Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
sssyyy
Level 12

You can use the incident dashboard, modify it back summarize source or destination ip and plot it on a geographical map.

0 Kudos
suryaprakash
Level 7

thank you. my main aim is to have dashboard which shows number of threats grouped by application ( like Firewall. VPN, mail server and so on.)  Is there a way I can build one or use the existing one.

0 Kudos
sssyyy
Level 12

perhaps you can start by creating a new dashboard using geolocation map, and go from there. Device can be chosen by Device Type, e.g. WMI, FWs...

0 Kudos
suryaprakash
Level 7

creating a new dashboard using geolocation map, But there I could not find Device or Device Type. Do I need to write new Query for that ?

0 Kudos
sssyyy
Level 12

Make sure you have events, then go to event drilldown > Summary > Device Type...

0 Kudos
suryaprakash
Level 7

Hi,

Thank You for update, I am new to ESM So can u tell me path from query wizard.

For example

I have chosen Pie chart and selected Event Queries> Summery> Filters > Normalization> Malware>  Event DrillDown> Summery> device Type.

Then I got Correlation Engine, Virus Scan, Advanced Thread Defense But Not Devices like ( VPN, Firewall e.t.c, )

Kindly let me know How can I get treats coming from VPN and Firewall.

0 Kudos
sssyyy
Level 12

Don't need query wizard, just start from the event summary dashboard and work your way down, by summarise the event with geographical info.

0 Kudos