Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uni
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

How often to do full backup?

Are the incremental backups taken when setting regular backups to, for example, a CIFS location required to be kept forever in case of restore, or can I remove any incremental backups prior to the last full backup?

I.e., if I want to restore data, should the oldest file I need to restore be the last full backup, and then restore each of the subsequent incremental backups in order?

Thanks

6 Replies
xded
Level 12
Message 2 of 7

Re: How often to do full backup?

You need one full backup and all inkremental backup after the full backup until the next full backup

Sunday -> Full Backup

Monday -> 1. Inkremental

Tuesday -> 2. Inkremental

Wednesday -> 3. Inkremental

Saturday -> last Inkremental

-> next cycle.

amarj
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Are you talking about Application server(McAfee ePO Server) or Database server(McAfee ePO server Database server) backup ?

xded
Level 12
Message 4 of 7

This area ist the SIEM section, so i think this is not a question for EPO

uni
Level 8
Message 5 of 7

The full backups can only be run manually - there doesn't seem to be a way of automating that. Only the incremental backups are automated.

Is this just an annoyance to live with,  or is there a way of automating both types of backup?

Mikelb
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

I have asked McAfee if there is a way to script the full backup and was advised there is no way to do this.

There may be others on the forum who know what happens "under the hood" when you click the Full Backup Now option and from there create a script.

My Full Backups currently take in excess of 40 hours to run, so you may want to keep an eye on how much data you are backing up and how frequent you can/want to run them.

Highlighted
xded
Level 12
Message 7 of 7

On which Version is your SIEM?

in 9.5 you can klick on System Properties -> System Information -> Backup & Restore and there you can configure a automated full backup. But not a inkremental.

If you have Linux skills you can run a script on the appliance or vm for backuping the machine.

automatedbackup1.jpg

automatet backup.jpg

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community