cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you creat an ESM data source inactivity report?

Jump to solution

I'm running ESM v9.4.2 and I have many devices with the Yellow flag due to inactivity. I'd like to generate a report that includes all the devices that haven't sent logs for x amount of time (maybe a weekly report of the previous week, or a daily report of devices that haven't sent logs in > 7 days). I've looked around for a while, read the user guide, and searched the web for help but haven't found anything. Can someone provide instructions for creating such a report?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do you creat an ESM data source inactivity report?

Jump to solution

Hi,

This option is available in 9.4.2 but only when you login as NGCP. There is no option to give other users the rights tro access this feature. I believe the same applies to 9.5.x.

15 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 16

Jump to solution

Moved this to Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) for better support.

---

Peter

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter. I don't seem to have the ability to choose any of the Enterprise "places" so I couldn't put it there.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Jump to solution

This community software can be a little picky at times, often when you think you are logged in, in actual fact you aren't.  That's probably what happened.

Jump to solution

What else should I do to try to get an answer? Is this a really hard report to create, or is it so basic that it doesn't dignify a response?

ksudki
Level 10
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

Hey michael,

I don't know if you have the same option as I in 9.5, but basically you can export a list from the Receiver Properties > Receiver Management > Time Delta.

Regards

Jump to solution

, I looked for that option but I wasn't able to find it. I've attached snapshot of what options I have when I go to Receiver Properties > Receiver Management

Capture.PNG

ksudki
Level 10
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

Found somewhere else where sou can find this information

ESM Properties > System Information > "Device Summary Reports : " View Reports (button at the bottom) and then sort by "Last Event Time"

screen.png

Jump to solution

What version of ESM was that? I'm running 9.4.2 and I don't show that option. Mine is a combo box, so ESM and ELM is combined. Is there some feature/function option I need to enable before I can see that Device Summary Reports? Thanks for your help

Capture.PNG

Jump to solution

Hi,

This option is available in 9.4.2 but only when you login as NGCP. There is no option to give other users the rights tro access this feature. I believe the same applies to 9.5.x.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community