cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HA Receiver - Shared IP and MGT ip's in different VLANs

Hi,

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

After struggling for a couple of days with no luck we've ended by putting all of the interfaces in a single Vlan this way all worked okay.

With one of the pairs it worked but then it crashed I also had some routing problems because of the different GW's

My opinion : "HA RECEIVERS MGT and Data collection on different VLAN's is not supported/recommended"

Regards

Hi

I have 2 working RCV pairs in production environment with this configuration (separated vlan for management and for data) in 9.4.0.,

and I have experience with custom static routing as well...

If you have an additional day to try this config again, I can help you via an remote desktop tool (i.e teamviewer)

This is important for me as well, because I would like to try the HA in 9.4.2 physical environment BEFORE upgrading my productive one.

please let me know, if you have time/resource to try it with my experience

gy.

i also have experience in these areas but the thing is that i cannot take the risk to deploy a solution that afterwards will be almost unmanageable.

the thing is the you need to prepare everything in advance and then to connect to the production switches FW's otherwise i don't see a way how you could do it.

also from perspective of giving you access to these systems sorry but no way.

I'm curious what you will do if you have access as there is not much that can be done, just put the ip addresses on the boxes and initiate the process.

At the end it reporting failure what you gonna do?

Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions

Hi,

I'm interested on your case and would like your feedback (and also other people). Let me explain mines :

I have an ESM +ELM + HA ERC (on 2 sites)

I need to implement a subnet for collecting the data and equipment administration

and another subnet for the communication with other elements (NTP, DNS, SMTP, Proxy)

I have a doubt for the feasibility of it, especially regarding the HA.

hm so there is already 9.4.2 maintenance release

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community