cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Report that shows Users and groups and permissions on the SIEMs\ESM

Jump to solution

I need to generate a report showing all the users and groups that have access to the SIEMs, and what priviledges they have. I know how to query AD, but not the actual SIEMs\ESM device. Isn't there a generic out-of-the-box report for this? Or a View that I could use?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Generate Report that shows Users and groups and permissions on the SIEMs\ESM

Jump to solution

rth67,

I opened a ticket with McAfee concerning this over two weeks ago, and I just heard back from them yesterday. This option isn't available...

There isn't currently a way to generate a report that list the users, groups, and what access\priviledges these users\groups have. So right now, it's screen print only.

I will need to submit a PER, so hopefully it will be in the next update. (Not likely)

Sux!!!

Message was edited by: pepelepuu on 5/21/14 2:15:46 PM CDT
5 Replies
rth67
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Generate Report that shows Users and groups and permissions on the SIEMs\ESM

Jump to solution

If you find anything please let me know, we are wanting to do ongoing access review for our Security Devices, and it would be nice to be able to easily generate a report to show at minimum what groups have what privileges, if needed, I can generate something elsewhere to show who belong to the AD Groups that are mapped to the SIEM.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

rth67,

I opened a ticket with McAfee concerning this over two weeks ago, and I just heard back from them yesterday. This option isn't available...

There isn't currently a way to generate a report that list the users, groups, and what access\priviledges these users\groups have. So right now, it's screen print only.

I will need to submit a PER, so hopefully it will be in the next update. (Not likely)

Sux!!!

Message was edited by: pepelepuu on 5/21/14 2:15:46 PM CDT
rth67
Level 12
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I am building out a spreadsheet, and manually going through each AD mapped Group to document what access they have.

I will submit a PER also, the more PER's they have on a given topic from multiple customers, the more likely they are to do something.

Jump to solution

I definitely agree

cly
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Pepelepuu,  Did you ever hear anything back from McAfee on your PER? 

I hope so. Producing a list of SIEM users and their access is a requirement of PCI, I would have though this would be a standard canned Compliance report. This manually updated spreadsheet method is going to be a pain to maintain.  (and I don't think the auditor is going to be thrilled with it either)

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community