cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zakhter
Level 7

Filters matching Report

Hi All,

Looking to create a report where two filters can be equal / matching.  Is this possible by correlation or any other way?

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xded
Level 12

Re: Filters matching Report

Do you mean

Source Ip is: 192.168.0.2

Hostname is: 192.168.0.2

or what do you mean with two filters can be equal? Is there an example?

0 Kudos
zakhter
Level 7

Hi Xded,

Sorry for not be more specific.

Administrators are creating local admin equivalent user accounts and delete them after.   I need to build a report where a user logs on locally on tmftpbrs host as tmftpbrs\admin1 - alarm should go off.   I don't want to put any names in the variable group because name can be anything.  The report should based on host = domain login success.

Thanks X for looking into it.

0 Kudos
xded
Level 12

Hi zakhter,

you need a correlation for this.

Correlate two Events in one. First Event is the Account creation and the secondary Event is the local logon on the Server/Client.

After this you can setup a Report with a filter of the Signature ID from the correlatet Event.

Sorry for the Cryptic explanation but i my enviroment we haven't any standard parser for all Windows Events. So we have other signature ID than in your enviroment.

0 Kudos
zakhter
Level 7

HI X,

Created a correlation

Local user logging onto local server where local server = server/client

0 Kudos
xded
Level 12

I'm not sure if this works.

Example

There must be two Events in your SIEM.

1. A User was added to a local Security Group (Signature ID = 43-xxxx48880 Carefull its a example)

and

2. A user has logged on (Signature ID = 43-xxxx46240)

Filters -> Signature ID (in) 43-xxxx48880

And

Filters -> Signature ID (in) 43-xxxx46240

This gives you another Signature ID the Signature ID from this Correlation Event and with this Event you can setup an Alarm or a Report after some days.

0 Kudos