cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about MR7

Hi there,

Anyone  here running 9.5.0 MR7?  How stable is the code? Usual " awesome Q&A" or did they get it better this MR?

Cheers

14 Replies

Re: Feedback about MR7

I have been running it for a little over a week on test system with ~100 Data Sources reporting to the system (WIN, LINUX, ROUTER, FW, IPS), I have not seen any issues.

Highlighted

Hi,

I did the first upgrade a week ago: the MR7 seems stable and usable.

It is a production environment with about 200 mixed data sources.

The only problem I found is a fixed warning of the correlation engine (the one inside the receiver). Anyway the receiver and its correlation are working.

Excluding this, all is working well so far.

Bye,

Simone

penoffd
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 15

Been running it in a production environment since a week ago Sunday night.  No known issues that we have seen yet, everything seems to be working OK.  Casual discussions with other users in our immediate area who have upgraded don't indicate any problems for them, either.

Dan

hok
Level 7
Message 5 of 15

I have just upgraded our ESM from MR5 to MR7 today, and I found the rules(asp, datasource, correlation, etc..) we created  all disappeared from Policy Editor. I'm just troubleshooting now...

paul.k
Level 10
Message 6 of 15

Hok,

Weer you able to sort this out?

Was this Mr7 related or just typical McAfee quirkiness?

rth67
Level 12
Message 7 of 15

Good to know - still on MR5, but seeing some of the known bugs that are supposedly fixed in MR7.

Hello rth67,

We are still on MR4 and will be upgrading to MR5 soon. Are your alarms functioning okay in MR5? In MR4, alarms are very sporadic. Not all alarms shoot an email.

rth67
Level 12
Message 9 of 15

We have multiple issues with Alarms in MR5, wrong data populated, missing data, alarms firing that should have not fired.

rth67, I would really be interested in what you find. MR7 is a really stable release so far.

Most issues are actually due to network connectivity issues on network side where esm upgrade check list was not followed.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community