cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Could not send event(s) to correlator through socket - Unable to obtain lock(4)

This error is frequent on the ERC. Should I be concerned?

5 Replies
yd9038
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Error: Could not send event(s) to correlator through socket - Unable to obtain lock(4)

I've an open ticket with the support for the same issue, but havent heard back from them yet. The engine is still up and running, and the issue doesnt seem to be effecting anything. What version is your siem at?

Re: Error: Could not send event(s) to correlator through socket - Unable to obtain lock(4)

I have just upgraded to 9.4.2. It's still there.

It seems to be more frequent when the incomming events are high.

paider
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Did you find a resolution to this problem?  I am seeing it as well & I am at 9.4.2 & just upgraded to 20141118 and still see it.

Same here.

The fix is in the most recent maintenance release, which was released to support. You can open a case and have them send you the MR. This is the information from the release notes on bugs that were addressed. The issue is actually related to real-time alarming and not the correlation engine, which is why the correlation engine continues to work

•      1018395 - "Could not send event(s) to correlator through socket - Unable to obtain lock(4)" error in messages

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community