cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Eror occured in ELM

Jump to solution

I will try to check it again and let you know.

Jump to solution

Dear  Karim,

Can you please guide me , how to change that param?

ksudki
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello M. BM,

Unfortunately you cannot change this as it is hardcoded in the GUI. The only 3 possibilities to workaround this 1GB issue are:

1. Reducing the timeframe of the query and run multiple query/extract on the GUI (time consuming)

2. Using the script I made, which automate this process (don't forget to use a screen session to avoid timeout)

3. Using the SFTP interface provided with the ELM. The drawback is that you will have to filter the raw data to extract the desired information

Let me know if it answers your question

Regards

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Just to add to the sftp point above:

Be extremely careful when using the ELM crappy SFTP interface. I have noticed an issue where the SFTP will go belly up when trying to transfer large period of times (e.g. a full month worth's of logs).

The server will not crash, instead it will fail to render the synthetic file list you download files via SFTP (i.e. \\BrowseByDatasource\Device-Name\Year\Month\Day\Hour\timestamp).

According to McAfee this is as designed and the SFTP interface is not supported for that sort of use (you couldn't invent such a b**** excuse for a poorly developed product).

Good luck

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community