cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforcing SIEM policy which are applied by policy assignment rules

Hello team, I've created SIEM policy and assignment rules (using ePo) but they aren't actually being applied to the client unless I manually enforce it. Is there a way we can ensure that the policy which is applying is in enforced mode on the client(S)? Thanks. Regards, Shaine

EDIT: To clarify, I'm looking for a solution/method to apply and enforce the policy to individual clients within a single system tree group/subgroup.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Enforcing SIEM policy which are applied by policy assignment rules

You can create a Client task separately in ePO for the individual clients & then schedule it to run automatically at the desired time.

You can get more inputs from the ePO team, if this question is posted in the ePO community as you are enforcing using the ePO.

Regards,

Prashanth B Pillai

McAfee Technical Support

Customer Success Group

Hi Prashanth,
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've already created the required client task and it shows that the policy is applied. But when I check on the client itself to see if it is getting the custom SIEM General Configuration, it is not. Not unless I enforce it. So just wanted to know how to get it applied and skip the manual process of enforcing.

Regards,
Shaine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

The ePO team should be able to help you with this request. Please post in ePO community.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community