cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESM interface not loaded

Jump to solution

Hi all,

My ESM web interface cannot finish loading. it stopped at 100%... Encountered the same on different computers with different browser IE and Chrome.....

How to fix it?

Thanks

Owen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ESM interface not loaded

Jump to solution

Please follow the below article to fix. Yesterday we fixed the same error.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84637

6 Replies

Jump to solution

Please follow the below article to fix. Yesterday we fixed the same error.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84637

Jump to solution

My only allowed SSH authentication method for ESM is "publickey". So now, I cannot scp the fix into the ESM VM. Please suggest what can I do?

$ scp sparkskins_4.1.0.16076.swf root@10.216.28.113:

Permission denied (publickey).

Jump to solution

Have never encountered that particular error before.  Are you able to SSH to your ESM from the same host you're using for SCP?  Have you considered trying a different SCP client?

Scott

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am neither able to SSH nor SCP. I am using the command line ssh, scp client on Ubuntu Linux. As far as I know, the error "Permission denied (publickey)" means that the server expects an RSA public key file for authentication (rather than a password). Something like the following.

$ ssh -i <key_file> root@<ip>

Jump to solution

The ESM should not require a key file for authentication.  I can see only a few possibiities:

1. Your client is configured to force public-key authentication.  To troubleshoot this, try a different client.
  2. Your Ubuntu box has the same IP address of a device that has been previously keyed to the ESM.
  3. Someone has manually made this SSH configuration change on the ESM.  This would be an unsupported configuration, and you'd need to find out who has the necessary key.
  4. There's some interesting, previously unknown bug at play.

I would try to obtain access from a different host, If that doesn't work, I'd suggest a call to support is in order.

Scott

Jump to solution

Hi,

Think this is a bug 9.5 MR2. Connect via BMC/ILO and edit /usr/local/ess/CPConsoleServer.cfg and add the line FIPS_MODE=no and reboot

Eric

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community