Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MR03
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ESM and ELM disk space

I would like to know in which part of the ESM I can see the storage space that the ESM currently has, also I would also like to know where I can find the storage space that the ELM has and I went to system properties, ELM receiver, ELM statistics and I'm using ELM and I don't see anything that tells me the total and excess space on the device.

4 Replies
Samith
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: ESM and ELM disk space

Hi

If you navigate to system properties -> System information on the ESM, you will see next to the hardware section Hard disk size, used and available space.

For the ELM, Navigate as per below

ELM Properties -> ELM Management -> View Statistics -> ELM Usage

This will output every detail of the space used on the ELM.

Hope this info helps.

Find my Answer Useful? Please like it.
MR03
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Sorry for the late answer, unfortunately this is the only thing that appears in ELM-usage and I cannot identify the exact space of the ELM, mcafee esm is not generating new data from my data sources in the dashboards, I have a feeling that it is because ELM space is full.

As long as the ESM properties, I have available storage space but I don't know how to assign one of these available storage spaces to the ELM.zxcxzczxc.PNG

Samith
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

From you reply it is apparent that you are using a all-in-one box which contain ESM, ELM and ERC three components. For all-in-one appliances simply you cannot use the space on the hard disks. You have to introduce external storage to make use of ELM function.

docs.mcafee.com has the McAfee ESM documentation publicly available. Refer to below link for ELM Storage explanation

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/enterprise-security-manager-10.4.x-product-guide/page/GUID-7CB1CB98-9...

Hope this info helps.

Samith
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

In addition, if you don't see events on the dashboard then please raise a case with support as you suggested it could link with ELM storage if you have a already configured ELM with storage pools.

Thanks

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community