cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESM-ERC-ELM-VM(8Core) Max device

Hi, 

I would like to find out if ESM-ERC-ELM VM(8Core) can support 700 devices ?
- If no, can i spec up to 12 core in my vm to make sure it can support up to 700 devices ?

Product: McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, Enterprise Log Manager and Event Receiver VM (8 Cores)

Total Nodes: 700 qty

Type of device:

1. Windows Clients using Windows Event Logs
  2. Linux Machines using VMs
  3. Network Devices such as Firewall, Routers, Switches
  4. Events for IDS and IOC
1 Reply
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ESM-ERC-ELM-VM(8Core) Max device

We calculate the performance based on the EPS a VM with a certain number of cores can handle.

Please refer the specification sheet in the below URL to find out how much EPS an 8 core as well as a 12 core VM can handle.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Security-Information-and-Event/ERC-Capacity-Ratings/m-p/664323#M9739

The specification sheet does not mention 4 Core ADD-on capability for a 8 core ESM-ERC-ELM VM.

The max number of datasources that can be created on an ERC is 255.

This number can be increased by configuring child or client datasources.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community